Monday, June 6, 2011

#MM (or whatever you wanna call it)

Maniac Monday, music Monday, #MM, "what the eff," or whatever you wanna call it... I'm having coffee here at the usual joint, realizing that I've got 20 new covers I'm starting work on this week for my ongoing busking adventure, and 2 gigs to prep for!

Don't wanna spoil surprises, but a few of the covers I'm learning: "The Wind" by Cat Stevens, "Listen To The Music" by the Doobie Brothers, & "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers. What you think?

I'm playing an acoustic set at Viper Room (acoustic lounge) on Wednesday night (6/8) at 9:45. @arianahall, @elliottsamuel, and other friends will also be on the bill that evening. And on Saturday night (6/11), @neararussell and I will be teaming up at Cafe Muse in Hollywood for a free show at 9PM. We'll be singing some tunes together and she tears it up on the piano so.. that's rad.

Aight back to ripping some albums I picked up last night by Connie Lim and Lee Ferris (unbableebable songwriters and fellow Koffeehouse artists). I'll leave you with a cool song by Trevor Hall my sister posted on her FB this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l32lLVnD5yU&feature=share

-jlc

No comments: